Where is God?
Life is hard. We’ve gotten busier and busier, more preoccupied with getting things done–work, housekeeping, childcare, appointments, classes, our social lives–and forgotten why we do those things in the first place. And when we forget why we’re doing what we’re doing, God seems remote.
If you are experiencing…
- A stale or dry relationship with God,
- A growing dissatisfaction with your religious life,
- A crisis or life-change–a death, divorce, job change, unemployment, dissatisfaction with life–that leaves you longing for God’s perspective,
- A sense of being called to “a new thing,”
- A desire to enrich your life with God by exploring different forms of prayer or spiritual disciplines, then
Spiritual direction can help.
Spiritual direction is a way to connect with God more and more. It’s…
- A monthly session tailored to you to address your relationship with God,
- A place for you to talk about what lifts you up and what gets you down,
- A protected space where you can freely express your doubts,
- A process of learning how to listen to yourself and to God.
Call Lisa Traylor, Spiritual Director
Lisa attended Wheaton College and majored in History with a Bible minor. She later went on to do Anglican Studies at Northern Seminary in Lombard, IL. In 2011 she completed her spiritual direction training with the Christos Center for Spiritual Formation and has been practicing ever since. She is a member of Light of Christ Anglican Church in Kenosha, WI and has worked for several churches in communications and administration. Lisa has taught classes on the spiritual disciplines, discovering your gifts, calling and vocation, connecting with God through Scripture and being a compassionate presence. She currently leads a small group on prayer, provides spiritual direction and occasionally teaches at retreats.
Learn more! Read My FAQ
“Contact me for an informal–and free–orientation meeting to see if Spiritual Direction is a good fit for you.”